Join Our Team
Embody is a small start-up team of researchers, data scientists, audio engineers, and creatives working to build the tools and infrastructure necessary to support the future of spatial audio creation and consumption for all entertainment media. With partners and clients that include some of the biggest names in AAA video game development and sound design, working for Embody means that you’ll have the opportunity to directly influence the course of the immersive audio industry.
We’re looking for talented individuals who are passionate about audio and excited to work in a fast-paced team environment where everyone's contributions are critical to the success of the company and technology. We look forward to having you with us!
Submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to email@example.com or click the Apply Now button in the Career Description.
Must be authorized to work in the US. H1B and Green Card sponsorship is available.
Embody is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Machine Learning Research Engineer
Embody is looking for a research engineer specializing in Machine Learning and Data Science applied to the field of immersive sound design for all media. You will be joining a team of industry-leading researchers and spatial audio veterans, and will have an active role in shaping the future of immersive sound technology for music, film, streaming, games, and XR.
As one of our ML Research Engineers, you will be responsible for assisting the R&D team in identifying opportunities for improving the quality of Immerse spatial audio experiences. You will be working with cutting-edge ML solutions in order to enhance current products and build innovative new technologies.
We are a small start-up team of engineers, developers, and creatives who are deeply passionate about music, sound design, and games. First and foremost, we’re looking for a team member who shares our passion and is excited for the chance to help shape the future of immersive sound design!
- Research and develop Embody's core Audio/Image/Video Processing and Computer Vision Modules
- Maintain knowledge of the latest studies and trends in the ML domain, derive actionable insights, and identify opportunities for integration with Embody technology
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similarly relevant field
- Experience with and deep knowledge of Machine Learning techniques
- Understanding of acoustics and fundamental principles of immersive audio technology
- Strong signal processing fundamentals are a must
- Solid programming skills with proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
- Proficiency in MATLAB
- Experience with acoustics and psychoacoustics
- Cloud computing experience
- Multi-modal Machine Learning experience
Benefits and Compensation
- Full-time salaried position with exact salary TBD
- Healthcare plan available including paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote, in-person, or hybrid
- HQ based out of San Mateo, CA
- Equity grant upon hire (vested after 1 year) with subsequent milestone-based grants