Join Our Team
Embody is a small start-up team of researchers, data scientists, audio engineers, and creatives at the intersection of acoustics and machine learning. We’re developing tools and infrastructure to support the future of spatial audio creation and consumption for all entertainment media. With partners and clients that include some of the biggest AAA video game studios and some of the world’s top mixing and mastering engineers including Alan Meyerson and Lurssen Mastering, working for Embody means that you’ll have the opportunity to directly influence the course of the immersive audio industry.
We’re looking for talented individuals who are passionate about audio and excited to work in a fast-paced team environment where everyone's contributions are critical to the success of the company and technology. We look forward to having you with us!
Embody is headquartered in the Bay Area:
370 Convention Way, Suite 210 Redwood City, CA 94063
Must be authorized to work in the US. H1B and Green Card sponsorship is available.
Embody is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Audio Developer Intern - Pro Audio
As an Audio Developer Intern you will work closely with our product team to create immersive audio production tools specializing in personalized spatial audio. You will be responsible for development of audio applications and plug-ins, as well as debugging and testing your products inside DAW and real-world immersive workflows. Your applications will be used by audio content development specialists in immersive music and gaming, so experience and passion for those areas is a plus! The ideal candidate is an excellent collaborator with a positive attitude and a can-do spirit.
This is a remote or hybrid position.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in audio software development
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Acoustics or related fields; currently matriculating in Master's Program or similar experience
- Ability to develop audio applications and/or plug-ins in JUCE. Knowledge of the difference between AU, VST3, AAX, and how to test them.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing and audio algorithms
- Development of audio applications primarily using C and C++ as programming languages
- Experience with spatial audio
- Experience with multiple DAW's (i.e. Pro Tools, Nuendo, Cubase, Reaper, Logic, and others)
- Experience with Virtual Audio Cables (VAC), WASAPI, and/or CoreAudio
- Programming experience in spatial audio, Matlab, and/or acoustics applications
- Love of gaming and/or music is a plus!
Audio Developer - Gaming
Are you an experienced developer with a passion for gaming and all things audio? In this hands-on software development role, you will be working both at the low-level to high-level to deploy robust audio applications across platforms. Your game engine plugins, SDK’s and applications will be used by industry-leading game developers as well as everyday gamers. The ideal candidate is an excellent collaborator with a positive attitude and a can-do spirit.
This is a remote or hybrid position.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in software product development
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Development of audio applications and/or libraries using C and C++ programming languages
- Experience with Wwise plugin development or similar platform
- Experience developing games and/or integrating audio using Unreal and/or Unity Engines
- Experience with game engine tool creation/deployment
- Ability to integrate third-party libraries into existing codebases
- Experience with real-time signal processing
- Experience in multi-platform development, at least two of the following: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, or game console platforms.
- Understanding of system level performance analysis and OS fundamentals
- Experience with Python and/or MATLAB
- Integrating Quality Assurance, automated testing, and DevOps into your workflow and applications
- Knowledge of audio signal processing algorithms
- Experience with Virtual Audio Cables (VAC), WASAPI and CoreAudio
FULL STACK ENGINEER INTERN
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer student who wants to do meaningful work that will directly impact the business while gaining first-hand experience working at an early stage startup. As a full stack engineering intern, you will be involved with the core developer's team and deploy features at a fast paced rate (e.g. 2 days).
This is a paid hybrid internship in the bay area with the potential to turn into a full time position. You will work in an open space startup office in a friendly neighborhood.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or relevant field, preferably in your final year
- Familiarity with web frameworks: Flask, Django, Node.js
- Basic understanding of how the web works, REST APIs, Linux programming, Cloud Computing (AWS), database, backend deployment (e.g. load balancing)
- Ambitious, curious, scrappy, and go-gette attitude with the will to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment